Monday, September 8, 2008

Lunes


Hello hello. Its monday night and I had a verrrry long day today. I was in class for eight hours straight! yipes! It doesnt help to walk out from that long day inside and enter cold weather. I mean, okay so my kinda cold is mid fifties but STILL. I was chilly. During the weekend it rained so I'm glad now to have internet here in the house where is semi-warm and dry. It was also nice that very surprisingly I wasn't alone here all weekend. On saturday night Beatriz's three grandsons came to spend the night. They are 9, 7 and 2 (i think?). They're pretty cute and they get a kick out of those funny pictures you can take on my computer. I like to speak to them in spanish even though they are of course lightyears ahead of me in fluency- except the little one, he grunts a lot. I'm pretty envious of them right now actually because all three of them are going to Florida at the end of this week to go to Disneyworld! Que suerte! I'm just bitter because I'm in school. I know I have class three days a week but its still work! The stress of school is different here but still present. Its the language that makes it so challenging because I don't know 100% of the information being thrown at me, I don't know what I'll be tested on and how. Its quite scary and I think I'd prefer UCLA! Plus this semester business is way too long. Maybe I just didnt have the expectation of working as much- or at all really, I mean 3 different 10 page papers all in spanish??en serio? I guess its too late now!
I'm trying to get my post school travel plans together. I've been looking at treks to machupicchu in november so if anyone is interested hop on the bandwagon! I havent done enough research but it get so crowded I know I need to make decisions soon! I can't believe it will be two months since my arrival in just one more week which means like two and half months more! I miss you all terribly!

Please email me or leave comments or whatever you would like because I really want to know whats going on in your lives as well!

1 comment:

Jayden said...

Hola Kristi Berre. Or is it Kristin Brady? Love the description of tu pelo. Just now being able to read up on your aventuras. Have some fun for us!
BTW, if there were no pennies, maybe alternate names for Russell's "Ate Penny" would be Cinco or Peso (but then, KJ might confuse it w/ Beso). I'd suggest Tango but that would hardly be original!!! Love "J"